Infosys supports clients with medical devices services and end-to-end product development at every stage of the product life cycle – from requirement gathering and development to verification and sustaining engineering.
Infosys Consulting services help companies create market-winning and customer-centric product portfolios through portfolio rationalization, product and process and tools consulting. Infosys provides tools for scientific product portfolio evaluation that help clients rationalize product portfolios in line with market and business needs.
Our medical device consulting services include:
- Voice of customer and voice of market analysis
- Product strategies
- New product introduction with ecosystem advantage
- Product localization
- Product benchmarking, value analysis (VA) and value engineering (VE)
Infosys works closely with clients to bring distinctive offerings to the market faster. With dedicated research labs, advanced engineering centers focused on multiple product and engineering disciplines, an intellectual property (IP) portfolio, and alliances with research organizations and universities, Infosys helps clients define and realize next-generation medical devices.
Factors that drive our co-innovation efforts with clients include:
- Quick prototyping expertise – Our managed services platform for new product introduction, built along lean manufacturing principles, features a ready ecosystem of suppliers and a ‘design for compliance’ build approach that enables swift prototype development, even in the absence of a complete product specification. This includes collaborative relationships with global contract manufacturers that offer three-shift manufacturing lines to improve prototyping times.
- Active relationships with clinicians, hospitals and research labs – The Infosys ecosystem includes affiliations with global institutions for research and development as well as collaboration to support specific client engagements.
- Deep domain experience – Our medical devices capabilities cover every aspect of the client value chain, from the technology and clinical research shaping development in a particular field to the global regulatory environments guiding it.
- Infrastructure that is compliant with leading standards – like ISO 13485, ISO 14971 and IEC 62304 processes for medical product development.
- Labs focused on medical device integration/communication, mobility, and cloud – covering both tactical development – hardware and RF labs, product teardown – and strategic development through our Engineering Labs and Advanced Engineering Group. The application of new technology approaches used in other industries are evaluated and incubated for potential use in development.
Infosys offerings cover the full spectrum of medical device development, which includes Class I to Class III devices in the area of blood glucose meters, cardiac monitors, flow generators, blood pressure meters, pacemakers, ICDs, patient monitoring systems, diabetes management systems and radiology work flow systems. Lean engineering methodologies combined with engagement experience across multiple industries and metrics-driven robust processes enable us to deliver differentiated value with high predictability for customers. We are ISO 13485-certified and have the scale, expertise, and global reach to address your product engineering challenges.
Our services for the development of medical devices related to electronic, mechanical, embedded, mobility subsystems and software applications cover the entire engineering life cycle, including:
- Product conceptualization and design – covering all related documentation (marketing and product design specifications, engineering requirements) feature definition and prioritization and system architecture
- Product development – software and hardware design, board layout, wireless technology integration, industrial design, design validation, manufacturing review and prototyping
- Component engineering – featuring ready-to-use reference board layouts and component designs for high-density applications aggregated for a wide variety of complex medical devices requiring circuit boards
- Product re-engineering – as part of our Value Analysis Value Engineering (VA / VE) approach, Infosys can conduct a ‘should cost’ audit to determine market entry requirements from a feature, function, and pricing perspective
- Independent verification and validation – in-house and external network of testing and quality assurance (QA) platforms for medical devices
- Sustaining engineering and support
Other related offerings where we have provided solutions and services to medical devices enterprises include:
- Mobility and m-health
- Cloud enablement services
- Medical device data management and visualization services
- Wireless enablement and remote health monitoring solutions
- Software localization and internationalization
- Compliance with regulatory requirements
- Test center of excellence